Tenyu Tools’ Black Oxide Drill Bits: Why They’re Your Best Choice
- You can get discounted and wholesale prices for the black drill bits you need
- You can acquire singular samples of what you need before bulk ordering
- Tenyu Tools’ black oxide drill bits last 50% longer than other brands’
- You can fully customize the shape and design of your black drill bits
Competitive Advantages of Doing Business With Tenyu Tools Co., Ltd
Tenyu Tools Co., Ltd. is capable of providing black oxide drill bits in retail and in wholesale!
What’s best is that we can follow whatever shape or design you want and need!
We have the most skilled and the most capable Research & Development (R&D) team to cater to all your needs.
Whether you are in Asia, Africa, Europe, North and South America, even in Australia – you can bank and count on us!
Tenyu Tools Co., Ltd. is equipped with certifications that are globally accepted!
Never worry about where you can get the black oxide drill bits you’ll be using for your project! Give us a quick shout here at Tenyu Tools and we’ll get you a free quotation for the black drill bits you need!
Purchase the best, the most durable, and the smoothest black drill bits you can get in the market for the most competitive rates!
When it comes to black oxide drill bits, no other manufacturer or company is trusted but us here at Tenyu Tools Co., Ltd.
Having amassed more than 980 clients, it’s clear that we are the most trusted and the most banked on.
Tenyu Tools’ HSS black oxide drill bits will absolutely be able to help you in cutting and in removing material from the material you have.
Benefits of Choosing Our Black Oxide Drill Bits for Metal
Apart from being the most useful in metallic and steel applications, our black drill bits will be capable of working on other ferrous materials.
- Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC)
Our bits aren’t just limited to that – make the purchase and see what other applications you can have for it yourself!
Apart from that, you can also consider us as your business partners! We do business with a wide array of retailers, distributors, and shops!
Whatever type of business you have, so long as you have an interest in our black oxide bits, we will attend to you and your needs!
While it’s harder than other types of drill bits, it’s not ideal for non-ferrous materials.
Tenyu Tools’ black oxide drills have a significantly increased chip flow and decreased friction. Our black drill bits will give you the quality of work you’ve always wanted!
Get the 101% accuracy you’ve always wanted and needed!
Black Oxide Drill Bits – The Ultimate FAQ Guide
Black oxide drill bits have been one of the most famous types of drill bits.
For one, its color seems to stand out among the rest; the other is when it comes to its features and functionality.
Today, we’ll dive deep into everything that circulates about black oxide drills. We’ll be discussing its composition, what it is, where you can get the best bits and many more!
What is a Black Oxide Drill Bit?
It’s a type of drill bit made from high-speed steel (HSS), which is then heated to about 510 degrees Celsius.
This creates the base for the black oxide, making the drill bit resistant to abrasion, rust, and corrosion.
What is a Black Oxide Drill Bit Used For?
You can use black drill bits in a lot of different holing and boring applications.
However, you can also use them to work on tough metals like stainless steel, aluminum, etc.
But, you can also use them on a vast array of materials like PVC, brass, aluminum, maple, nylon, and other composite materials.
Businesses use black oxide drill bits because they last longer than regular HSS drill bits. Furthermore, you can also expect your projects to be done faster, cleaner, and more efficiently if you use black drill bits.
Titanium vs. Black Oxide Drill Bits
If you’re one of the people who can’t decide on which type of bit to use, we can help!
The most common comparison is between titanium and black oxide drill bits. To assist you better, we’ve gathered the differences between the two:
- Titanium drill bits are often better rated and are longer-lasting than black drill bits. The latter, on the other hand, have high levels of heat resistance
- When it comes to materials, black oxide drill bits are best for extremely hard and soft materials. Titanium drill bits, otherwise, are excellent for working on fiberglass, wood, etc.
- Using black drill bits are less efficient when it comes to holding in comparison to titanium drill bits
- Pricing-wise, titanium drill bits are more expensive and costly compared to drill bits black oxide
These are just some of the differences that titanium drill bits have over black oxide drill bits.
How Are Black Oxide Drill Bits Manufactured?
Black oxide drill bits for metal aren’t actually complex when it comes to how they’re made.
As a matter of fact, the black coating is just a result of the HSS material being heated to about 950 degrees Fahrenheit or 510 degrees Celsius.
And that’s it! No special manufacturing procedure involved!
Advantages of Black Oxide Drill Bits
Do you know what the benefits are of using black oxide drill bits?
The most common and the most notable benefits of using black oxide drill bits for metal include:
- They’re completely corrosion resistant
- Compared to titanium drill bits, they’re cheaper and more affordable
- You can sharpen and rehabilitate black drill bits
- Black drill bits have tremendous speed and durability
- While they’re used for extremely soft and hard materials, they’re versatile and flexible
While these are considered the best advantages of black drill bits for metal, you can find other benefits from using them depending on the industry you’re in, the uses you need it for, etc.
Meaning of Different Colors of Drill Bits
Color distinctions between the types of drill bits are actually with how they’re manufactured.
However, it’s imperative to understand that the colors of twist drill bits aren’t in line with their overall quality; meaning, black drill bits aren’t automatically better than regular brownish-gold twist drill bits.
White Drill Bits
White-colored drill bits are considered as the normal and the regular because they’re made from high-speed steel (HSS).
The yellowish-brown to golden color is a hint of cobalt being part of the recipe.
Originally, cobalt-based elements are white in color. The golden, yellowish-brown color is due to the atomization of it at a latter phase.
When you see twist drill bits that are bluish-gray in color, they’re almost usually titanium drill bits.
However, there are times that the blue hue is caused by the type of coating made to other kinds of steel and/or metal.
These three (3) colors are the most common colors in which you can find twist drill bits. There are other colors, but more often than not, it’s with their coating.
Do You Need to Use Black Drill Bits for Metal?
Yes, as a matter of fact, black oxide drill bits are perfect for both the softest and the hardest of steels and metals.
Nevertheless, you can also use it to drill and boreholes on other materials.
Difference Between Black Oxide and Gold Oxide Drill Bits
Other than their colors, what are the other distinctive differences between black and gold oxide drill bits?
Gold Oxide Drill Bits
Akin to other colors of drill bits, gold oxide drill bits are versatile and flexible. You can use it to work on the softest and hardest materials.
The coating of gold oxide helps in providing longer life, compared to regular HSS drill bits. Moreover, drill bits that have gold oxide are faster and more durable than black oxide; they drill and remove material three (3) times faster.
You can use gold oxide bits for:
- Alloy Steels
- Carbon Steels
Black Oxide Drill Bits
Generally, black drill bits have 50% longer life.
Since we know that the black oxide coating is done through heat treatment, the treatment helps reduce the adhesion and friction between the workpiece and the bit.
Why Use Black Oxide Drill Bits?
In many cases, you use black drill bits to bore and cut through tough metals like aluminum, stainless steel, carbide, etc.
Furthermore, they’re also perfect to be used in highly corrosive environments, thanks to its black coating, which is resistant to a vast array of wear.
What Materials Can You Drill With Black Drill Bits?
There really isn’t a written rule of what materials you can use black drill bits for.
In fact, it’s flexible, versatile, and durable to the extent that you can use it to work on many materials, including:
- Composition Boards
- Plastic and PVCs
- Different Types of Wood
- Alloy and Carbon Steels
- Stainless Steels
- And Many More!
You can also use black oxide drill bits for metal to work on a lot of things – it doesn’t have a strict notion that you just need to use it for metals and steel.
Can You Sharpen Black Oxide Drill Bits?
One of the most common concerns and queries people ask is about re-sharpening.
Can you re-sharpen black oxide drill bits?
– Yes, you absolutely can!
Since drills are often used continuously, their sharpness is almost the main concern by people and companies that use them.
To sharpen black drill bits for metal:
- Prepare the black drill bit you want to sharpen with the grinding wheel with the most appropriate grit
- Grind it to the correct point angle so that it will suit your application perfectly
- Ensure that the two (2) cutting lips are at the same point angle (A 118-degree point angle needs each of its cutting lip to be at 59 degrees toward the axis)
- Start the initial grinding by properly holding the bit so that the grinding disc or wheel runs through it
- Cut and remove material from the landing by applying pressure to the bit while raising your support arm
- Then, reshape the chisel by moving the support hand towards the main hand. This creates the angled chisel.
- Practice makes perfect – you just have to experiment on steps 4 to 6 until you get the shape and the point angle you want your drill bit to be on
If you’re not too confident in doing it yourself, there are black oxide drill bit manufacturers you can ask assistance from.
Also, there are repair shops and stores that offer re-sharpening and reshaping services for bits.
How Long Do Black Oxide Drill Bits Last?
In retrospect, we discussed that black oxide drill bits last longer than regular HSS bits. But how long?
Generally speaking, black drill bits last 5 to 6 times longer than regular HSS drill bits; and this will depend on the volume of how you use it.
For instance, if you use HSS drill bits about 5 to 6 hours per day, it can last for a month or two before it needs re-sharpening.
In that same scenario, black oxide drill bits can last for four (4) to five (5) months even if you use it a full 6 hours per day.
But, if you use it to cut or work on material that’s not the best and the most appropriate, it should be in your expectation that its strength and durability “might” run shorter.
Black Oxide Drill Bits for Concrete
Yes, you can use black oxide drill bits for metal to work on concrete.
However, that might not be the most advisable. Since black oxide drill bits are ideal for the softest and hardest of materials, it can break the balance of concrete and other types of masonry, causing it to break unevenly.
But if you are to destroy or just divide concrete, asphalt, stone, and rock, you can use black drill bits.
The Top Black Drill Bit Suppliers
Finding the best black oxide drill bit manufacturers is a challenge.
Because of the market’s saturation, it might be hard for you to land on the best and the most appropriate one for your business.
But, to give you the top suppliers of black drills, here’s a quick rundown of them:
- Bosch Tools
- K Tool International
- Tenyu Tools (Best Choose)
Given the fact that these are brands from the western hemisphere, you can expect them to be more expensive.
How Do You Clean Black Oxide Drill Bits?
The correct and proper maintenance of your black oxide drill bits is key to their unrelenting durability and performance.
Good news, though, because since they’re not coated, you can clean them easily.
- Cleaning black drill bits should never be a problem because you are expected to wipe it off using a clean cloth after every use.
- Moreover, you can also use a toothbrush to lightly scrape any residue or debris that might have been stuck within the landing of your drills.
- If you haven’t done this regularly, lubricate your drill bits using machine oil for about 1 minute or two to loosen up the debris. Then, wipe it clean using a cloth.
- Store them where no other element is present so that you’re sure they wouldn’t reach with other compounds and elements.
Which Black Drill Bit Manufacturer Should You Trust?
Attaching an incorrect drill bit to a drill is crucial – it can break your power drill.
That’s why working with a manufacturer you can trust is as good and as important as selecting the correct drill bit.
Here in China, no other company is trusted but us at Tenyu Tools Co., Ltd. We’ve been providing quality black oxide drill bits to many businesses for the past 15 years.
You can count on us to supply you with excellent-quality black, gold, and titanium drill bits!
Tenyu Tools Co., Ltd. as Your Go-To Choice For Black Oxide Drill Bits
Choose us here at Tenyu Tools Co., Ltd. as your go-to black oxide drill bit manufacturer and you will never feel the need to find another supplier ever again.
- Our clientele is at 990+ worldwide, who continue to trust us with our products and services
- We’re capable of providing OEM and ODM products and services
- Tenyu Tools is a company you can trust in the manufacturing, development, sales, and distribution
- All our black drill bits for metal are flexible and versatile
Send us an email with all the queries you have. Work with us – the best and the most trusted black oxide drill bit supplier in the whole of China!
Never worry about how much you’ll pay – we can give you a free quotation and estimate of all the products you need!